HomeTraining ResourcesBlogDeveloper Relations Conference Evans Data Corp.Conference Presentations
Interviews 2016JobsDirectoryPost a Job
Evans Data Developer Relations Conference 2016 – Interviews
Several of the Developer Relations Conference 2016 presenters were recorded discussing the importance of developer programs and outreach. You can find links to the short interview videos on the DevRelate site. The interviews and other videos are also available on the DevRelate YouTube channel.
DevRelate DRC 2016 Interviews
Those interviewed include:
- Scott Burnell, Ford – Global Lead, Business Development & Partner Management
- Marc Naddell, MediaTek – Vice President of Ecosystems
- Larry McDonough, VMware – Director Product Management
- Gina Poole, IBM – Vice President, Worldwide Developer Digital Engagement
- David Intersimone “David I”, Embarcardero – VP, Developer Relations and Chief Evangelist (before I joined Evans Data)
What we talk about in the Videos
Each of us talked about background, our path to developer relations, developer marketing, and evangelism.
During the discussion, we talked about the fun, opportunities and challenges in creating and growing a developer program. It is important to stay on top of the latest developer technology trends and requirements. We each stressed the importance of gaining developer program buy in with the stakeholders inside their companies. One of the effective best practices for cultivating a thriving developer ecosystem is leveraging the technology experts inside your company. Engage the technical teams inside your company to take part in the continuing conversation with developers.
Share your Developer Program Stories
I’d love to hear from fellow developer program professionals. Contact me and share your stories, best practices, words of wisdom, what works and what doesn’t. If you want to take part in a future DevRelate webinar series talking about the real world of developer relations, your stories will be a great starting point.
David Intersimone “David I”
Vice President of Developer Communities
Evans Data Corporation
Santa Cruz, CA, USA
Email: davidi at evansdata.com
- Developer Outreach and Marketing
- Legacy Systems and Poor Quality of Tools are Top Barriers to AI Adoption
- Developer Population Growth Shifts Toward China, India and Emerging Countries
- KPIs, ROI and the Success of your DevRel Program - Additional Information and Links
- DevRelate Webinar: June 5 & 6 - KPIs, ROI and the Success of your DevRel Program