by David I | Apr 30, 2018 | Developer Community, Developer Outreach, DevRelate, Webinar |
There are many Developer Relations Program features and best practices that have been covered in previous DevRelate webinars. Ensuring that you can provide the infrastructure for your team and community members is key to a feature rich and thriving developer outreach program. We often get asked questions about how to create a DevRel program and how to provide the systems to support it.
This webinar will present how you can use cloud based resources (many that are free) to run a “virtual” developer relations program using readily available services. During the webinar, you’ll learn how to provide a range of developer program features to meet the needs of your developer community members.
Features and Services covered in this webinar
- Content Sharing/Storage
- Webinars and Videos
- Questions & Answers
- Feature Requests
- Code Sample Repositories
- Meetings and User Groups
- and a whole lot more
- Developer Relations Program Features and Systems
- Cloud Services You Can Leverage (most for free)
- David Intersimone “David I”, VP of Developer Communities, Evans Data Corp.
Dates / Times:
Tuesday, May 15, 2018
- 7am PDT (10am EDT, 3pm BST, 4pm CEST)
- 1pm PDT (4pm EDT, 9pm BST, 10pm CEST)
- 5pm PDT (8pm EDT, 8am Beijing CST Wednesday May 16, 10am Sydney AEST Wednesday May 16)
Thursday, May 17, 2018
- 7am PDT (10am EDT, 3pm BST, 4pm CEST)
- 10am PDT (1pm EDT, 6pm BST, 7pm CEST)
Note: Since this webinar takes place on several days and at multiple times, please register for the date and time that works best for you:
Who Should Attend?
- Managers & Directors of Developer Programs
- Technology & Developer Advocates
- Business Development Managers & Directors
- Product Marketing Managers & Directors
- Marketing Managers
- Product Managers
- Research Managers
- Corporate Communications Managers
- Heads of Developer Marketing
- ANYONE who deals with developers!
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
by David I | Apr 26, 2017 | Developer Relations, Webinar |
Today and tomorrow I am presenting the April 2017 DevRelate webinar “Assessing a Bad Developer Program Site and Prescribing Fixes to Rescue It“. This companion blog post contains links to resources and additional information covered in the webinar presentation. This post will be updated with additional information throughout the week as the five webinar sessions take place. Bookmark this post and come back for additional links.
Example Bad Developer Program Site
Eureka Digital Works (a fictitious company) – used as an example of a developer site with multiple bad practices – http://www.eurekadigitalworks.com/
- Code Smells – quoting Martin Fowler, author of “Refactoring, Improving the Design of Existing Code“, “a code smell is a surface indication that usually corresponds to a deeper problem in the system”.
- Developer Program Smells – this is my term for developer community sites and developer relations programs that exhibit less than the best practices you will find on other sites. These smells highlight the opposite of what global developers tell Evans Data about those things that are most important in a program and community. You’ll find complete coverage of developer findings in our Developer Marketing and Developer Relations Program annual surveys
DevRelate blog posts related to Best Practices for a Developer Program
Evans Data Tactical Marketing Reports
- Developer Marketing Survey 2017 – A survey of software developers’ attitudes about the marketing tools and programs used to promote and sell products to them. Provides invaluable insight for your developer marketing campaign.
- Developer Relations Survey 2017 – This comprehensive study of over 500 software developers examines issues and elements of developer programs. This report provides invaluable insight for your developer program.
What to do if your Developer Relations Program Needs Help?
Send me an email if your developer relations program has some of these bad smells. We can help you to bring your outreach to world class levels with Evans Data primary research, , competitive benchmarking / awareness tracking, discovering developer personas specific to your technology, developer program workshops/assessments and more. You can also contact the Evans Data Sales team to find out more about our strategic reports and services.
David Intersimone “David I”
Vice President of Developer Communities
Evans Data Corporation