This week I am presenting a DevRelate webinar, “Developer Marketing & Developer Relations – Similarities & Differences“, on Tuesday (August 8, 2017) and Thursday (August 10, 2017). This month’s webinar will focus on the background, education, roles, responsibilities, audiences, metrics, ROI and other aspects of developer marketing and developer relations team members. I will also cover how both teams work separately and together to create, manage and grow a developer ecosystem. This blog post contains links to additional resources and information covered in the webinar.
Evans Data Tactical Marketing Reports
Developer Marketing Survey – A survey of software developers’ attitudes about the marketing tools and programs used to promote and sell products to them. This report provides invaluable insight for your developer marketing campaigns, including:
- What are the psychographics that compel developers?
- What are the demographics of the typical developer?
- What web sites and search engines do developers visit most?
- How do contests and gamification fit in the mix?
- What are the natural price points and pricing elasticity of dev tools?
- What is the most powerful influencer for developers?
- Which marketing methods do they like most?…Which do they hate?
Essential for product promotions, pricing and forecasting, media planning, and all your developer marketing needs.
Developer Programs Survey – This comprehensive study of software developers examines issues and elements of developer programs. This report provides invaluable insight for your developer program, including:
- Which revenue model do developers prefer?
- What are the most important features of a developer program?
- For which elements of a program are developers willing to pay?
- What motivates developers to share knowledge and experience on developer community websites?
Get answers to these questions and more in this survey report. Consider this a key resource to help you build and maintain a successful developer program, community website, and training sessions.
Blog Posts with Additional Information and Resources
- Developer Marketing and Developer Relations – Education, Skills, Reporting
- Developer Marketing and Developer Relations – Roles and Responsibilities
- Developer Marketing and Developer Relations – Audiences, Metrics and ROI
Developer Marketing Summit – September 19 & 20, 2017 – Burlingame, CA
Don’t miss the first ever Developer Marketing Summit – sessions, panels, workshops and networking events for and by the top developer marketing professionals from the top companies in the industry! Burlingame is very close to San Francisco International Airport. Developers are at once a unique target market and a diverse one. Learn from the experts at the top developer facing companies in the world! Go to the Developer Marketing Summit website for complete details including speakers, schedule and location.
Developer Program Workshops and Assessments
Evans Data’s Developer Program Advisory provides expert program guidance through workshops and assessments from proven program leaders to help make your program the best it can be. Contact us today for a free consultation.
David Intersimone “David I”, Vice President of Developer Communities, Evans Data Corporation
David Intersimone “David I”
Vice President of Developer Communities
Evans Data Corporation