As predicted, there has been a flurry of announcements by automotive companies related to autonomous vehicles, voice control and the use of AI at this year’s CES 2017. I’ve previously blogged about “Developer Relations Programs for Self Driving and Connected Cars“, “Developer Relations: Doing Great Things with Telematics” and “Voice Control APIs“. At this week’s CES 2017 show in Las Vegas, there have been several announcements and articles about the coming together of connected cars, voice control and AI. It’s so cool to see collaborations between car, platform, cloud and machine learning companies to bring next generation features to automobiles. Here are just a few of the many Connected Cars, Voice Control and AI articles coming out of CES 2017 Las Vegas.
Connected Cars, Voice Control and AI News
- Faraday Future’s FF 91: Here’s the IT stack that’s supposed to make the AI, big data magic happen
- Auto Makers Showcase Cars Equipped With Virtual Assistants
- Now Amazon’s Alexa is hitching a ride in your Ford
- There’s a Linux-powered car in your future
- 5G: The Communications Key to Autonomous Driving
- Spanning Car, Connectivity and Cloud, Intel GO Platforms Lead the Way in Automated Driving
- Your car wants to say hello. And that’s only the start.
- Intel to Acquire 15 Percent Ownership of HERE mapping – Companies to Collaborate on Technology for Autonomous Vehicles and IoT
- CES 2017: Microsoft Connected Car 2.0 rolls along – Linking cars to Microsoft cloud services
- Bosch Gets Personal with its CES 2017 concept car – ensuring that smart, connected devices speak fluently to each other, and that they speak fluently to you.
- List Of CarPlay & Android Auto Aftermarket Systems Announced At CES 2017
- NVIDIA Moving Hard Into AI Auto Segment
- All of the electric, connected, self-driving cars at CES 2017
- No dodging that conference call now: Volvo adds in-car Skype for Business, will test Cortana too
- NVIDIA and ZENRIN Collaborate on AI-Powered HD Mapping for Japan: a cloud-to-car HD map solution for self-driving cars
- Panasonic Automotive and IBM Partner to Develop Cognitive Vehicle Infotainment System with Watson
- Intel® GO™ Automated Driving Solution Product Brief
- Roadshow’s CES 2017 panel: Autonomous cars: The future’s biggest surprises
- Bosch connected motorcycle technology: innovative or unnecessary?
- Honda motorcycle needs no kickstand, can drive itself
- Nissan and BMW bring Microsoft’s Cortana assistant to cars
- Microsoft Connected Vehicle Platform helps automakers transform cars
CES 2017 Automotive Related Keynotes
- Nvidia CEO Jen-Hsun Huang CES 2016 Keynote: AI, Deep Learning, Self Driving Cars, Autonomous Vehicles, HD Mapping, AI Computing, AI Car Platform
- Nissan’s CES 2017 keynote: Autonomy, AI, Cortana and a semi-autonomous Nissan Leaf
Exciting Automotive Times for Sure!
David Intersimone “David I”
Vice President of Developer Communities
Evans Data Corporation