HomeTraining ResourcesBlogDeveloper Relations Conference Evans Data Corp.Conference Presentations
Interviews 2016JobsDirectoryPost a Job
DevRel Best Practices Part 2 – Webinar Information and Links
During the DevRelate November webinar we’ll be covering Part 2 of our series focused on Developer Marketing and Developer Relations Best Practices. In this blog post you’ll find additional information and links for topics covered in the webinar. Bookmark this page and come back during November for additional updates.
- Reasons for Joining and Staying in a Developer Program
- Developer Relations Best Practices Part 2
Best Practices Areas Covered in Part 2
- Events & Activities
- API Sandboxes, Virtual Labs, Cloud Instances
- App Stores & Application showcases
- Community Chat Systems
- Training & Certification
- Popular Blogging Topics
- Programming Languages to Support
Popularity of Programming Languages
- Tiobe Index – Updated once a month, the Tiobe Index is calculated by using multiple search engines looking for the number of skilled engineers, courses and third party vendors. You can read more about how the Tiobe Index is computed on their website.
- Redmonk Programming Language Rankings – The Redmonk ranking appears bi-annually and appears on Stephen O’Grady’s blog. The latest version, “The RedMonk Programming Language Rankings: January 2017” appeared on his blog on March 17, 2017. The ranking is based on code on GitHub and discussions on Stack Overflow. The ranking correlates programming language discussions and usage on these two popular sites.
- PYPL: PopularitY of Programming Language Index – This index is created by analyzing how often programming language tutorials are searched using Google. The index page says “If you believe in collective wisdom, the PYPL Popularity of Programming Language index can help you decide which language to study, or which one to use in a new software project.”
- Indeed Job Trends – Using the Indeed search system you can get some trending results for Job Postings and Job Seeker Interest. Using the interface, you can string together a query based on adding a series of programming languages.
OPENAPI and Swagger
- Swagger’s range of tools supporting multiple programming languages
- Swagger CodeGen – https://swagger.io/swagger-codegen/
- The Open API initiative – https://www.openapis.org/
Evans Data Tactical Marketing Reports
Evans Data reaches out to its global developer panel to produce two annual tactical marketing reports: Developer Marketing Survey Report and Developer Relations Survey Report. The Developer Marketing Survey contains software developers’ attitudes about marketing tools and programs used to promote and sell products to them. This report provides invaluable insight for your developer marketing campaigns. The Developer Relations Survey examines issues and elements of developer programs. This report provides invaluable insight for your developer program and advocacy.
- How to Engage the Elusive Developer - Webinar Info and Links
- DevRelate Webinar: August 14 & 16 - How to Engage the Elusive Developer
- Developer Outreach and Marketing
- Legacy Systems and Poor Quality of Tools are Top Barriers to AI Adoption
- Developer Population Growth Shifts Toward China, India and Emerging Countries