Developer Relations Conference
Developer Marketing Summit
Evans Data Corp.
Post a Job
Internal Evangelism – Additional Items from DevRelate members
As a follow up to my recent DevRelate webinar, “Internal Evangelism and Enablement to Support your Developer Program”, several members sent me some of the things they do to keep executives and stakeholders up to date on their Developer Relations Program activities.
Meetings and Communications with Stakeholders
- Internal bi-weekly stakeholders calls (across business / geographies)
- Informing the sales organization about DevRel activities and new assets
- With emails, always include an “executive overview” at the top with 3-4 “business insights”
- Keep an up-to-date “presentation deck” that summarizes key work items and measures of success
- Thank stakeholders and other employees who help DevRel
- Developer Advocates specifically allocated to internal business groups
- Have team members give internal presentations to departments/groups/stakeholders
- Trip reports with findings for what your internal teams care about
- Automated dashboard reports – membership, news, events, leads, sales
- Quarterly reconciliation of developer activities with closed sales deals
- Monthly internal newsletter
- Internal forums/channels for communications, news and answers
- Two minute summary videos for each event/activity
Thank you to all those who sent along lists of things you do to keep your internal evangelism ongoing and active.
If you and your Developer Relations team have things you do to keep fellow employees (not just direct reports or exec stakeholders) informed about what you and developer outreach are doing, send me an email with your list.