HomeTraining ResourcesBlogDeveloper Relations Conference Evans Data Corp.Conference Presentations
Interviews 2016JobsDirectoryPost a Job
If your API supports REST and JSON then you can Reach out to Every Developer
Do you use REST and JSON in your APIs?
Besides the languages I just listed, there are many other programming languages that also support REST and JSON web services. Why would you intentionally block out developer program members that use other programming languages and frameworks? Here are some programming languages (not an exhaustive list) that have libraries that support REST and JSON based web services. I have added links to documentation, blog posts, tutorials and articles showing how to create client applications that call REST APIs.
- Java – https://vaadin.com/blog/-/blogs/consuming-rest-services-from-java-applications
- Python – https://developer.atlassian.com/fecrudev/integration-tutorials/writing-a-rest-client-in-python
- C++ – https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj950082.aspx
- C – https://dzone.com/articles/rest-api-c-client-picloud
- C# – https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh674188.aspx
- Ruby – http://wiki.servicenow.com/index.php?title=Table_API_Ruby_Examples#gsc.tab=0
- PHP – http://blog.ijasoneverett.com/2013/02/rest-api-a-simple-php-tutorial/
- Matlab – https://www.mathworks.com/help/mps/restful-api-and-json.html
- Visual Basic .NET – https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/martinkearn/2015/01/05/introduction-to-rest-and-net-web-api/
- Objective-C – http://www.creativepulse.gr/en/blog/2014/restful-api-requests-using-objective-c-works-on-ios-and-mac
- Swift – https://thatthinginswift.com/write-your-own-api-clients-swift/
- Go – http://thenewstack.io/make-a-restful-json-api-go/
- Delphi/Object Pascal – http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/Seattle/en/Tutorial:_Using_the_REST_Client_Library_to_Access_REST-based_Web_Services
- Groovy – https://sites.google.com/a/athaydes.com/renato-athaydes/code/groovy—rest-client-without-using-libraries
- Haskell – https://www.schoolofhaskell.com/school/to-infinity-and-beyond/competition-winners/interfacing-with-restful-json-apis
- Dart – https://webdev.dartlang.org/articles/get-data/json-web-service
- F# – http://fsharp.github.io/FSharp.Data/library/Http.html
- Scala – http://alvinalexander.com/scala/scala-rest-client-apache-httpclient-restful-clients
- Erlang – http://no-fucking-idea.com/blog/2013/01/22/making-request-to-rest-resources-in-erlang/
- R – https://technistas.com/2012/06/11/using-rest-apis-from-r/
If I have not listed your favorite programming language and the support for REST and JSON based API calls, please send me an email with the language and a URL to an article or documentation page with an example.
Reach out to Developers without having to Document your APIs for every language
If you don’t want to have to support every programming language and have examples, you can still document your Web Services REST endpoints and JSON parameters and return values and then point developers to programming language REST and JSON how to sites. I want to hear from developer program professionals that are supporting additional programming languages for your APIs.
David Intersimone “David I”
Vice President of Developer Communities
Evans Data Corporation